The SMP National Resource Center publishes three newsletters:
|| Biweekly; news of interest to the SMP network
||SMPs, aging network,
|What's New at www.smpresource.org
||Monthly; SMP website and SMP
Resource Library updates
|SMP Resource Library and website users
||Distributed via the ACL listserv; contact your SMP director
|Quearterly; Medicare issues, best practices, SMP Program management
||SMPs, aging network, general public
||Distributed via the ACL listserv and SMP website
The February 2018 edition of The Sentinel includes:
- Pain Management. This article covers the intersection between pain management, the opioid overdose crisis, and Medicare.
- Social Media. With a changing Facebook algorithm, it’s more important than ever to post purposeful, engaging content.
- Ensuring Best Care. BFCC-QIOs provide free services in all 50 states and three territories.
- Engaging Interns. Interns and college-age volunteers can provide a win-win for SMP.
- Tracking Training. The SMP Resource Center announces the name of its new training tracking system and highlights favorite resources.
- SMP Resource Center. Staff pick favorite resources.
- Ohio SMP. The Ohio SMP reaches out to the CMS MAC for help on a case.
- California SMP. The California SMP partners with AASC when potentially fraudulent hospice cases start appearing at senior properties.
To read the issue, click here.
Readers are free to reprint and share The Sentinel articles, which can be accessed in the SMP Resource Library. For more information, contact Maureen Patterson at email@example.com or 319-351-9753.
See below to view past copies of The Sentinel.