Created in September 2003 with funding from the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL), Administration on Aging (AoA), the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) National Resource Center serves ACL’s 54 Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) programs located throughout the country, including the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
The SMP Resource Center also promotes national visibility for the SMP program and helps the general public locate their state SMP project.
Services Provided to the General Public
- Nationwide toll-free Number: 877-808-2468. Available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Callers receive information about the SMP program and are connected to the SMP in their state for individualized assistance. This number is published in the Medicare & You handbook and other national Medicare and anti-fraud publications that reference the SMP program.
- SMP Locator: Online tool to locate the SMP in each state
Direct Services Provided to SMPs
- Promotes SMP networking and the sharing of best practices
- Provides education and information about health care fraud, error, and abuse
- Develops new products and tools for use by the national SMP network
- Supports the national SMP performance measures and the SMP Information and Reporting System (SIRS)
- Provides training and technical assistance to SMPs
This website is maintained by the SMP Resource Center at Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging (NEI3A), Waterloo, Iowa. The SMP Resource Center is a grantee of the Administration for Community Living (ACL).